Traction Summit 2017 Agenda Announced: Ford Confirmed for Opening Keynote Address
Smithers Rapra is pleased to announce the highly anticipated agenda for the 2017 edition of the Traction Summit. As the premier meeting place for tire OEMs, Tier 1 & 2 system and component suppliers, and materials producers, join your colleagues in Atlanta, Georgia this May 9-10, 2017.
Ford Motor Company will deliver the keynote address, Future Mobility Trends and the Implications for the Tire Industry. The program will include a range of leading industry experts from across the value chain discussing the key drivers for the future of the tire industry.
Confirmed 2017 speakers include:
Highlights from this year's program include sessions on:
• Opening keynote presentation by Ford Motor Company forecasting the pace of change - and managing the transition to electric and autonomous vehicles
• Expert sessions on Global Trends, The Voice of the Customer, Material Innovation, and Smart Tires
• Exclusive Panel Discussions
o OE Panel Discussion covering questions such as What do OEMs want from future tires? How do tires factor into vehicle performance and more with panelists from Honda R&D Americas, Inc. and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
o Tire Manufacturer Panel debating tire age, health and long-lasting performance and fuel economy/rolling resistance advancements with panelists from Continental Tire and Michelin North America
• 15 presentations from top OEMs Tier 1 and 2 suppliers and industry experts
• Topics dedicated around sustainable materials, future mobility trends, a fresh look at used tires, consumer trends, tire raw materials and more